Our Services in Depth...
Call us to schedule an appointment today if any of the services we offer fit your current legal needs.
Please read Below to learn about our Legal Services
I am happy to offer a free consultation for bankruptcy to determine if filing bankruptcy is your best option. During the consultation we will discuss your unique circumstances and talk about the various types of bankruptcies and how they may affect your situation.
If you are having difficulties paying your bills, carefully consider all of your options before you take out a second Morgage or home equity line of credit. While these loans may allow you to consolidate your debt, they also require your home as collateral. Explore options and resist the urge to withdraw funds from retirement accounts. If you have explored all options, and need assistance, schedule an appointment to see if bankruptcy might be the best option. There are two primary types of personal bankruptcy: Chapter 13 & Chapter 7.
Our firm works with partners who specialize in personal injury, auto accidents, and malpractice. We will connect you with a knowledgeable and experienced attorney; we will put you in contact with the same firm we would use for ourselves or our loved ones.
Wills & Probate
1. Wills- Specify your wishes, avoid probate, and ensure your assets go to people you want them to.
2. Probate- The winding down of a persons' estate which includes both the assets and debts. Assets are used to pay off the debts with the remaining net proceeds being distributed to heirs.
3. Small Estate Affidavit- Affidavit signed by the heirs to distribute most assets without the need to probate.
4. Power of Attorney- Often referred to as a POA, is a legal delegation of a specific action.
5. Power of Attorney over Children- This is legally known as short term guardianship. This allows you to designate someone to care for your children on a short-term basis. This is most commonly used for travel scenarios where parents and their children are not traveling together.
6. Power of Attorney over Healthcare- Designate someone to make medical decisions for you in the event you are unable to make the decisions. In addition, a power of attorney is designated to what extend you want your life prolonged.
7. Power of Attorney over Property- Designate someone to make decisions regarding your property in the event that you are unable to do so yourself.
8. Living Wills- Advanced directive to terminate life support and an order not to resuscitate.
9. Advanced Directives- Allows for further specification of what healthcare measures you approve to sustain your life.
Know the Facts
Filing for Bankruptcy will STOP foreclosure and allow you to arrange a payment plan. Filing Bankruptcy will STOP repossessions or allow you to get your repossessed car back. Filing Bankruptcy will STOP wage and bank garnishments. Filing Bankruptcy STOP judgments and get rid of Judgment liens on your home. Filing Bankruptcy will STOP your utilities from being shut off or will get them turned back on. Filing Bankruptcy will STOP your driver's license from being suspended or allow you to reinstate it if your license has been suspended due to a car accident. Filing Bankruptcy will STOP and allow you to get rid of credit card debt, cash loans, finance companies, medical bills, repossessions and foreclosures.
Filing Bankruptcy will give you a FRESH START.
Will my student loans be discharged? It is usually very difficult to discharge student loans and generally only attempted in extreme circumstances. If you file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, you may have your loan discharged in bankruptcy only if the bankruptcy court finds that repayment would impose undue hardship on you and your dependents. This must be decided in an adversary proceeding in bankruptcy court. Your creditors may be present to challenge the request. The court uses this three-part test to determine hardship:
1. If you are forced to repay the loan, you would not be able to maintain a minimal standard of living.
2. There is evidence that this hardship will continue for a significant portion of the loan repayment period.
3. You made good-faith efforts to repay the loan before filing bankruptcy (usually this means you have been in repayment for a minimum of 5 years)
Your loan will not be discharged if you are unable to satisfy ANY ONE of the three requirements.
Divorce & Family Law
We are experienced in the following areas of Family Law.
1. Divorce-Legal Termination of Marriage
2. Custody-Determination of final rights and responsibilities for care of a minor child
3. Adoption-Termination of Parental Rights and creating a new legal parenting relationship
4. Child Support-Determination of financial obligations for each parent regardless of parental time spent with child(ren).
5. Maintenance-Parties working together with the help of an intermediary to find a resolution.
DUI, Traffic, & Criminal
We can assist you with the following legal issues:
1. DUI- Driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
2. Traffic- Driving Violations including but not limited to speeding, excessive speed, and driving on a suspended license
3.Criminal- Being charged with a criminal offense such as theft, drug possessions, domestic battery, battery, and gun violations.